Saturday, July 7, 2007

Just Being with my kids!!!

Well first things first. I want to thank my beautiful wife for giving me my kids and this wonderful idea to experience them on a whole new level. I am married to a super star.

Tonight was a typical night at the Shaw household. Baby was fussy, Toddler was crazy and the two big kids were up to their usual routine when I decided to spend some alone time with Owen our oldest child. We went in another room away from all of the organized chaos (oxymoron?) with a board game. I never played a board game with my oldest coming from the space of just being. So I started the game and was just with my little guy. I got to experience him on a different level. Thru my listening I was able to see how it is so important to be with him. Life is fast and if you don't pay attention it will be all over in a blink of the eye. I got that I want to be with all of my kids and family as it truly is important to listen. Not just act like you are listening. Owen was so excited and entusiastic. We truly connected.

Again I want to thank my beautiful wife for giving me this opportunity. I can't wait to just be with all of my family.

No comments: